Sunday, June 2, 2013

I think I'm in over my head...

So, someone was selling an SH-1000 in pieces for a small amount of money.
He said it was in pieces, some switches were missing, and showed some pictures of it.
I thought "How bad can it be? I'll take it."

Oh shit...


I went there to pick it up and saw what it looked like. I hesitated a bit but thought that even if I couldn't get it back together perhaps I could make a module out of it with another set of switches and stuff...

That was in February this year.
This weekend, after finishing that very long CR-78 service (which I will post about soon) I wanted to put all the pieces on the table to get a better overview of what the actual status was.

Well, you can see on the photo above.
I haven't even counted the keys yet (they're in the purple bag) but I noted 4 front-panel switches are missing and 5 "tongues" (the different coloured parts that go on the switches).
The transparent bag contains the keyboard triggers (at least that's what it looked like).

I'm not sure what to do with this.
The top panel looks like a disaster...


I might get a working SH-1000 here for service in a little while so I will have a chance to compare this collection of parts to an assembled version and perhaps see if there's something critical missing.

I'll decide later what to do I guess. For now, I'll just let it hide in the box I bought it in for a while, again...

Please don't bombard me with questions about buying parts from it.
If I decide to part it out, I'll do it on your favourite website...

No comments:

Post a Comment