Thursday, March 18, 2010

A modern classic?

I have been drooling over this since I saw it (which was not long ago actually since it kind of new, but still).
I bought this 2nd hand from the friend of a friend. It's only about a month old.

Dave Smith Instruments - Tetra :)





For a while now I've been wondering whether to take the plunge and finally try out some hardware VA synth, or if I should get a more modern analog synthesizer. The Alesis Andromeda A6 sure has been tempting me for a while but it does carry a rather big price tag unfortunately. I was thinking of the DSI Prophet '08 but it was also sort of expensive. I've seen 2nd hand ones for "almost" acceptable prices but still too much for me for a simple 8-voice duotimbral synthesizer.

So, I got the chance to grab this Tetra and it's a 4 voice quadrotimbral (is there such a word?). I'm sure it will keep my other synthesizers in good company!
Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment